Cafe culture is booming and becoming more and more popular by the day. Our weekends are full of street side cafes, takeaway coffees and delicious meal, finger food, concoctions and other sinful things that delight the heart as well as the palate.
Cafes serve as meeting places for friends and family, the meeting ground for singles seeking alone time and a sanctuary for those in search of a tasteful cosy corner where once can curl up with a book, a drink or maybe chat up strangers and make new friends.
In this era where socialising is the order of the day, there are some garage themed cafes which surely get a biker going.
• The Bikers Café, Golf Course Road, Gurugram: Every ride is unique, so is this cafe. With live music and biker-style decor, this cafe is a perfect hangout for bike enthusiasts. On the menu are dishes like Single Cylinder Sandwiches, Kick Starters, V-twin Power Burgers, Pasta Rides etc. that are inviting enough to tempt people to come back for more.
• Garage Inc., Hauz Khas, Delhi: The name says it all; a vintage looking cafe with walls adorned with garage paraphernalia like wheels, number plates, and a rack loaded with classic helmets. When you walk in here, you’ll walk away with the feeling that the music was good, the food was amazing. They are popularly known for their karaoke nights.
• Ride Inn, Manali, Himachal Pradesh: A biker themed cafe with a stunning view of snow-capped mountains, a perfect place for bikers to chill out and discuss routes and interact with other bikers. Ride Inn is a unique cafe with tables and chairs fabricated out of old motorcycles parts. Their menu includes Himachali, Indian, Chinese and Thai dishes, which are mouth-watering.
• Bike and Barrel, Chennai: A typical resto-bar with good music and delicious food, B&B’s interiors stands out and make this place above all other cafes. With a bike hung up from ceiling and vintage bike posters placed on the walls, their punk ambience and tempting dishes never disappoint anyone, biker or non-biker.
• Cafe Torque, Bengaluru: Cafe Torque, Bengaluru, is the perfect place for bikers to catch up with friends and meet fellow bikers. This garage themed cafe also houses a store that sells biking accessories and you can see how popular that makes them with bikers because you’ll always be able to spot a few superbikes parked outside. Torque is the place to be at when you want a edifying discussion about bike trips with fellow bikers.
• J’S Cafe, Indiranagar, Bengaluru: This small cafe is located right above the Royal Enfield showroom in Indiranagar. They serve some really good food and beverages and have quirky interiors. You can easily find replica models of Royal Enfield motorcycles suspended from the ceiling, which is not something usual in the real world and that’s precisely why it’ll catch your eye.
• Revv Cafe, Greater Kailash-1, Delhi: A place with lots of things to offer, be it motorcycle workshops, biker’s jackets, motorcycle merchandise for sale, or even different automobile accessories, they have it all. Revv Cafe is a trendy eating-out option that has a biker bar with few tyre shaped decorations that steals the show.
• Toto’s Garage, Bandra, Mumbai: A Volkswagen Beetle turned into a bar ceiling, staff members dressed up as mechanics and large number plates from all over the world hung up on the walls, makes this garage extraordinary. Their smoky interiors and a rustic look make this place ideal for riders to enjoy their meal with soothing 60’s-70’s music playing in the background.
These garage themed cafes are very popular among riders who can easily be spotted at these joints, if not on the road. For more information about everything related to biking, visit www.trailsofindia.com